Our location in Marietta, PA in the heart of Amish Country allows us to make your
Pennsylvania vacation complete with beautiful accommodations, delicious breakfasts and close proximity to many of the area’s most exciting attractions. We have listed here some of our favorite activities and locations in Lancaster County and beyond. Please keep in mind also that Kathy would be happy to help plan your itinerary so you can see and do as much as you would like while staying with us at Vogt Farm. Each itinerary is done for your individual desires. She even has some great ideas that aren’t easily listed. For more information on beautiful Lancaster County, check out this video.
- Amish Homestead
- Ed’s Buggy Ride
- Peoples Place quilt museum
- Covered Bridges
- Kitchen Kettle Village at Intercourse
- J&B Quilts
- Riehl’s Quilts www.riehlsamishquilts.com
- Harley Davidson – York – tour the plant
- George’s Woodcraft – fine furniture
- Historic Walking Tour of Lancaster
- Nissley Winery – tours, Music in the Vineyards July- Sept.
- Mount Hope Winery
- Moon Dance Winery
- Shank’s Mare- Kayaking and hiking
- Hershey Park – Hershey – An amusement park of renown
- Hershey Zoo – Hershey – Some people just like zoos and you can do the zoo without the amusement park.
- See the Lancaster Barnstormers – opening game April 23
- Hot Air Ballooning – http://www.ushotairballoon.com be sure to mention us when you book and get a free mug. This sounds like alot of fun and a very special memory to take home.
- http://www.chiquesrockoutfitters.com a great outdoor fun place.
- http://www.allimaxfarm.com horsebackriding, you will need reservations but an extra outdoor activity for everyone.
- Watch and Clock Museum
- Living the Experience – an interactive reenactment about the “Underground Railroad”
- Landis Valley Museum
- Ephrata Cloister
- Fulton Opera House
- Central Market – Lancaster Tues., Fri., and Saturday
- Green Dragon – Friday only
- Roots Market and Auction – Manheim Tuesday only
- Mount Joy Farmers Market – Saturday only May-September
- Burning Bridge – Columbia http://www.burningbridgeantiques.com
- Partners Antiques – Columbia
- Saturday Market – Middletown
- Della’s – Mount Joy
- Zeager’s in the Country – Hershey
- Estate sales- most weekends
- Conestoga Auctions – last Tuesday of each month
- Weaverland Auction – plants
Wilbur Chocolate – the best chocolate
General Sutter for lunch – be sure to check out the men’s room
Sturgis Pretzels – a taste of the old country
Neat little shops
The River Cruise
The State Capitol
PA State Museum
Civil War Museum
- The fun-est Toy Store- unusual toys www.thefun-esttoystoreever.com
- Farm Fair, Elizabethtown just 6 miles to get a taste of the farming in Lancaster County August 23-28; adult and kid fun
- Farm Fair, Manheim just 13 miles to the farm life October 4-8; adult and kid fun
- Sight and Sound Theatre http://www.sight-sound.com
- American Music Theatre
LANCASTER COUNTY SPECIAL:
- Falmouth Goat Races – last Saturday in September
- Mud Sales – starting in late February thru early April
- Bridge Bust – first Saturday in October
- 1st Sunday in December is the Marietta House Tour
- Early April – Shenk’s Wildflower Preserve at its best
- Renaissance Faire – Aug.-Oct.
- Washington Boro Tomato Festival – mid July
- Pick your own fruit
- Strawberry Festivals – June
Kathy would be happy to help plan your itinerary so you can see and do as much as you would like. Each one is done for your individual desires. She even has some ideas that aren’t easily listed.